- Astronomical night held at D.B. Wijethunga National School, Gelioya – 14th January 2020
- Annual FASE Hike at Raxagala, Nawalapitiya – 3rd February 2020
- Observation Camp at Hathnagoda Rajamaha Viharaya, Gelioya – 3rd February 2020
- Annual FASE Night – 28th February 2020
- NOX CALEO – Live Discussion – 27th May 2020
NOX CAELO was a public event organized by FASE in collaboration with the Rotaract Club of the University of Peradeniya which was held on the 27th of May 2020 from 5.00 p.m to 6.30 p.m via the zoom app.
The main objective of the event was to conduct a live discussion on “Wonders of the night sky” and to strengthen the enthusiasm on the night sky observation of the participants. Apart from the main objective, it was a great opportunity to reach out to the public as well.
Mr. Tharindu Rajasooriya, B.Sc. Hons. Physics special (UOP) ,Ph.D. reading(Emory University ,USA) delivered the guest speech & conducted the session-based on the questions that arose from the audience. The discussion was held successfully with around 100 participants including high school students, undergraduate students, and graduates.
- Trip to Ihalakotte
- NEO KOSMO’20 -Quiz Competition – 1st and 4th of July 2020
NEO KOSMO is the first ever virtual Astronomical Scavenger hunt organized in Sri Lanka. It was held on 1st and 4th July,2020 using online platform.The event was organize in order to enhance school children’s knowledge in astronomy while popularizing optics and photonics among them.
The quiz competition was conducted in two rounds, selection round and the Scavenger hunt round(final round).
The selection round was held with 200 participants of 40 different teams, all over the South Asia. The top 10 teams were selected to the scavenger hunt round based on marks of the selection round.
The scavenger hunt round was very competitive. Girls’ High School, Kandy won the competition. Ananda college, Colombo and Bandaranayake college, Gampaha won second and third places respectively.
All the participants gave a positive feedback about the event.
11th Anniversary Celebration of FASE – 9th October 2020
FASE has celebrated its 11th anniversary on 9th October 2020. This time we had to celebrate FASE birthday online because of the Covid-19 pandemic situation. The celebration was conducted as an online gathering via google meets on 18th of October 2020 with the participation of about 45 past and present members. The event was companing by Athulya Rathnayake.
The event was commenced by sharing a small video clip about how FASE celebrated its anniversaries in past few years. The participants were welcomed by president Tharindra Koralegedara.
Ms. Lasni Buddhibhashika a founder member of FASE shared her memories on how the club started and her experiences as a founder member of FASE.
Thereafter, the members shared their ideas for the continuation of the FASE society. The future plans of the association were presented by the Vice President Sanjula Senadheera as currently discussed. Past members also suggested for events that could be held to expand the association and increase the interest in astronomy among the people in our country.
There was a friendly and fun conversation between past members and present members. The members commented on the event and said that the event succeeded. The old members said that they are very happy with the current situation of the association and added their best wishes for the future works.
Finally, the vote of thanks given by FASE secretary Sandeepani Dissanayake. Then the event was successfully over.
- Annual FASE Night – 1st March 2019
- Astronomical Night held at Am/ Nawamadagama Central College – 20th September 2019
The first night of the night series was held at Am/ Nawamedagama Central College , Dehiaththakandiye on 20th September, 2019 from 7 pm onwards.The main objective of this event was to promote and popularize astronomy among school children.
The event was conducted with nearly 150 participants. It was mainly focused on students between 11yrs and 16yrs.
There were a lecture series with nine lectures, a sky observation session using telescopes and a workshop on optics and Photonics. Students got a chance to make their own simple telescope models during the workshop.
After a 11 hours of session, the audience left with excitement, leaving great feedback.
- FASE 10th Anniversary Celebration – 9th October 2019
- Solar Eclipse Observation campaign – 26th December 2019
A solar observation campaign for the general public was conducted on the 26th of December 2019. It was organized to allow witnessing the annular solar eclipse 2019 using proper methods. The participants have got the chance to observe the eclipse with our new telescope Celestron Nxtstar 8se and using solar eclipse shades. The event was conducted for five hours with the participation of over 400 local and foreign public. Furthermore, it was a great opportunity to reach out to the public as well.
38 FASE members have given their contribution as event organizers. The event was succeeded and the feedback of observers was excellent.
- Annual FASE Night – 12th January 2018
- Annual FASE Hike at Bible Rock, Mawanella- 16th of March 2018
- Astronomical Night and Sky Observation Programme e at Pitawalawatta Maha Vidyalaya, Gelioya – 6th April 2018
- Wokshop and Discussion in collaboration with AIESEC – 5th of August 2018
- ASTERI’18 – Astronomical Night in Mahamaya Girls’ College -23rd of September 2018
- Astro Night at Madagama Maha Vidyalaya, Dehiattakandiya- 23rd of October 2018
- Astro Night at Mahamaya Girls’ College Kandy
- Haguranketha Astro Night
- Solar Observation Campaign at Viharamahadevi Girls’ College Kandy.
- Pushpadana Girls’ College- Astro Night
- Gagasiripura Maha Vidyalaya, gampola- Astro Night
- Kirama Event in Southern province
- Astro Night at Rajarata University, Mihinthale
- Annual FASE Night – 2015
- Pushpadana Astro Night
- Bandarawela – Pungala Astro Night
- Astro Night at Mundala school, Putlam
- Astronomical Night at Pushpadana Girls’ College Kandy.
- Public Awareness Exhibition – World Science Week Celebration 2014 in collaboration with NIFS
- Annual Hike 2014 -Galaboda
- Region of Exotica – Kingswood College Astro Night
- Astro Olympiad workshop
- Annual Exhibition at Chandananda College, Kandy.
- Anthony College Astro Night
- Swarnamali Girls’ College – Astro Night
- Banner for Peradeniya central college
- Allagalla hike
- Dharmaraja College astro night
- Hypnotic Elixir- Astro Night at St. Sylwester’s College, Kandy.
- Dharmaraja College astro Night
- Lunar observation camp
- ” Key to the universe” Astro Day and Night- Theldeniya National College
- “Crown to Odessy 2010” – Viharamahadevi Astro evening
- “Quest for the visibility”- Girls’ High school Astro Night
- FASE Anniversary
- Astronomical Night – Ranabima Royal College Kandy.
- Astronomical Night – Kingswood College Kandy.